Faculty of Economics
The Faculty of Economics is the same age as the university which was founded in 1992.
Today, the Faculty of Economics is one of the leading educational centers in the country that trains personnel for all areas of the economy and business.
The faculty prepares competitive, highly qualified specialists who meet the modern requirements of the labor market and meet the best international educational standards.
The traditional features of teaching at the faculty are a combination of fundamental theoretical education and the formation of entrepreneurial skills and managerial competencies.
The faculty provides a full educational cycle of specialist training: bachelor – master – PhD in three languages: state language-Kazakh, Russian and English.
At the Faculty:
• there is a school of educational programs in English –STEM (“Turan School of Economics &Managament”)
• MBA and DBA business education programs are being implemented
• the work of the Dissertation Council on specialties 6D050600 “Economics”, 6D050900 “Finance” and 6D050700 “Management” is carried out
Faculty members include outstanding scholars, experienced instructors (professors, associate professors), experts and business practitioners (over 150 faculty members).
There are statesmen among them:
Rector of the University Alshanov R.A. – Doctor of Economics, professor of the Department of World and National Economics, he also is the owner of the Order of “Kazakhstan enbek sіnіrgen Kairatkeri”, the Order of “Friendship of Peoples”, the title of “Honored Worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, and the “Excellence in Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
Chairman of the Committee on Finance and Budget of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan Gulzhana Karagusova – Doctor of Economics, professor, awarded the orders of “Parasat”, “Commonwealth”, “Barys” II degree
B. Dzhaparov, the director of the Archive of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, professor, recipient of several governmental and state awards.
Chairman of the Council of the Association of Financiers of the Republic of Kazakhstan
S. Akhanov – Doctor of Economics, professor of the Department of “Finance”, owner of the Order “Urmet”, the Order of “Parasat”
Chairman of the Board of JSC “NC Astana EXPO-2017”
Akhmetzhan Yesimov – Doctor of Economics, Honorary Professor of the University “Turan”
Departments of the faculty are members of the International Triple Helix Association and professional associations:
– Department of “Finance” – a member of the Association of financiers of Kazakhstan;
– Department of Marketing and Logistics – a member of the Kazakhstan Marketing Association;
– The Department of Accounting and Audit is a partner of the Chamber of Professional Accountants of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Eurasian Institute of Certified Public Accountants;
– Department of Information Technology – Member of Microsoft IT Academy
Graduates of the faculty are the faculty pride that work in all regions of Kazakhstan and abroad in prestigious companies and banks in key positions.
Abdraim B.Zh. – Deputy of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Honorary Academician of the NAS of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Academician of the Academy of Legal Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Law, Professor
- Adil Suleimanov – Business Development Director, Pony Express Russia, CEO of Pony Express Kazakhstan
- N.O. Alimbetov – Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Professional Accountants of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Margatsky R.V. – Director of the representative office in Kazakhstan of the Dutch investment company Schildershoven Finance, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Selezneva I.V. – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of “Finance” of the University, two-time holder of the state grant of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Best University Teacher” (2008, 2014)
- Kim T.F. – Certified Auditor, General Director of the Audit Company Rodl & Partner
- Abdullaev Dos Ali – Deputy Chairman of the Board for Finance LLP “Almatyelektrotrans”
- Bukenov N.A. – Director of Softuna LLP
- Camilla Jasupova – Head of the Media Planning Group at Dasmart and many others.
Our strategic partners:
- London School of Marketing (Great Britain, London),
- University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Moscow State University M.V. Lomonosova (Russia, Moscow),
- University of Economics (Bulgaria, Varna).
- Siauliai University (Lithuania)
- Graduate School of Management in Barcelona (Spain, Barcelona)
- University of Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur)
- University of Central Bohemia (Czech Republic, Prague)
- St. Petersburg State University of Economics (Russia, St. Petersburg)
- Institute of Economics and Crisis Management (Russia, Moscow)
- Istanbul Arel University (Turkey, Istanbul)
- University of Pécs (Hungary, Budapest)
Leading technology parks and companies
- “Skolkovo” (Moscow, Russia)
- Almaty Tech Garden (PIT “Alatau”)
- International Business Academy ID-Group
Students can become participants in exchange programs (as part of academic mobility) and double-degree programs with partner universities.
The faculty has a modern material and technical base: specialized classrooms of 5 graduating departments, classrooms, including language laboratories, computer classes with multimedia equipment, equipped with training programs, smart class Samsung, CISCO laboratory.
Dean’s Office Staff
DINA I. RAZAKOVA
260-40-26 int. 723
260-40-21 int. 721
SYDYKOVA ELMIRA DAHAROVNA
tel. +7 727 260 4009 int. 751), email@example.com
SELEZNEVA IRINA VLADIMIROVNA
Doctor of Economic Sciences, recipient of state awards
tel. +7 727 260 4025 int. 725, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliya S. Bikteubayeva
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Certified Accounting Practitioner
Mussaliyeva Roza Dzhalilovna
cand.of tech.sciences, associate professor
+7 701 765 67 35
260-40-26, int. 723
Yeskendirova Damelya M.
Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associated professor
260-40-26 int. 730
Dadabayeva Dardana Maratovna
Candidate of Economic Sciences, associate professor
Cell phone + 7 707 102 90 88
Tel. + 7 (727) 260-40-26, int.724